My camera is doing something odd

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):
ios
App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):
newest version
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :
none
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:
none
Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):
the camera freezes every time i try to take a picture, and when i select “return to camera” it freezes on the previous picture and won’t let me take a new one unless i go to home and manually reset it.
Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Strongly advise to take your cell phone photos using a dedicated camera app, rather than the iNat app. You can later select them from within the app or use the web uploader.

2 Likes

Hi @ronifish, welcome to the iNat Forum! Can you share additional information about your device iOS version and the iNat app version? You can find the app version under “Me”, then settings (gear icon), then scroll to the bottom.

Screenshots can also be helpful when troubleshooting issues. I’m using the iNat app version 3.2.1 on iOS 14.7.1 and don’t see any text that says “Return to camera” when taking photos with the app, but my workflow may be different than yours, or maybe it is device dependent? Thanks!

1 Like

I suspect you’re using Seek by iNaturalist, is that correct? If so, I can replicate this issue.

We’ll have a fix out in a beta soon.

EDIT - fix out in beta, looking good.