Bulk Selection of Observations to Add to a Project

Thanks for pointing out that I may be attached to my process - we all need a kick in the butt now and then ;-D

I created an umbrella project just to see what we’ve got so far:
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/pillar-parade-umbrella-test?tab=species
I don’t find this particularly helpful (but then it is afternoon and I haven’t had lunch yet, so it may look more rewarding in the morning).

Yes, I do want all annotations added because I think the graphs on the taxon pages are very useful. I just quickly got these 2, which are maybe not really representative of what I want to show, but they’re interesting nonetheless:

Hippotion celerio
hipcel
Hippotion eson
hipeson

This is fantastic data which can tell us flight periods, relative longevity of life stages, number of generations in a year, differences between similar species etc. So, yes, maybe I’m a bit OCD about adding ALL life stages ;-)

Anyway, I think if the following three features are added, especially the first one, it will go a long way to making the whole process faster which will encourage more people to add annotations/projects and take the load off the 3 or 4 who are doing it now (for this particular project):

Thank you for adding annotations to the NZ leps - I know what a big job it is, but the rewards are very great.

I will have a think about asking for annotaters on the other thread you linked (after lunch).

I do appreciate your help and suggestions very much, even if I don’t necessarily follow them. They always do send me down an interesting road though, which is fun :grinning:

2 Likes