Needs ID for human

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):
Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :
Safari (on iPhone)
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/111938957

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

It’s since been resolved but I’m curious as to how it happened to begin with. I was going to go through the casual grade human observations, since everything that is IDed as a human is automatically casual. Before I went over to check the box for “causal” and it was still on “needs ID”, an observation came up that was IDed as a human but was at “needs ID” still. I added an agreeing ID and it’s casual now. But why was it ever needs ID? It was labeled as human already.

I included screenshots of the IDs present while I came cross it, the settings I had when the observation came up and also the evidence of it showing up with those settings. I don’t have an image of it saying “needs ID” because I added an agreeing ID right away and didn’t think about how odd it was that it was at that grade until after I had done so.

1 Like

It can be one of those instances where casual mark is added, but not active until you do something with observation, curious to see if it was shown in DQA.

1 Like

It said “needs ID” for the quality grade in the DQA. I wasn’t aware of the bug/delay you mentioned though, so maybe that was all it was.

Yeah, potentially the observation didn’t get properly reindexed, or there was a delay.

1 Like