Editing location on the website?

I’m trying to edit the location for an observation that I entered wrongly (website version).

Open the observation, at the top right is a blue coloured button marked Edit, hit it.

There is a map showing where it is currently placed, if you know the exact coordinates you want to enter, under the location name is a little edit link, use that and enter them.

Otherwise use the map below, zoom to the location you want it placed at, click once on the map to move the marker.

The save button is at the bottom of the page.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there, very helpful, I also wondered if is it possible to change the location for several observations in one go (website version)? Thanks

Yes it is, you need to click on your profile button and there is a drop down where one of the options is edit observations (i think that is the text i am doing from memory), find and select the records go to edit selected and do it there

I have done this numerous times and the location will NOT change! Frustrating.

It’s hard to know what’s going wrong with a better idea of exactly what you are doing. The steps are:

1. Click on the edit button on top-right of an observation
  2. Click a new location on the map, (or click the small text “edit”, and manually change the latitude, longitude or accuracy values)
  3. Click “save observation” at the bottom of the page
2 Likes

Thanks for all your help - you explain in easier to follow detail than iNaturalist! Hard to get the hang of this, but just another learning challenge :-)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.