Fun with annotations

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/identify?quality_grade=research&taxon_id=52911&month=10

Screenshots of what you are seeing: see below
Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

step 1: make some annotations

step 2: RIGHT ARROW/NEXT, don’t annotate anything, observe:

step 3: LEFT ARROW/PREVIOUS

step 4: RIGHT ARROW/NEXT

step 5: LEFT ARROW/PREVIOUS
step 6: RIGHT ARROW/NEXT

step 8:

step 10:

step 11: RIGHT ARROW/NEXT

step 12: RIGHT ARROW/NEXT

step 13: RIGHT ARROW/NEXT

1 Like

I can confirm similar behaviour for Firefox 80.0. The spurious annotations disappear when the dialog is closed and reopened.

1 Like

This should be merged with existing topic.

2 Likes

I don’t think they merge bug reports, though.

P.S. not saying it can’t be done, just that it usually isn’t. I’ve seen lots of “duplicate” topics in the bug reports category

Probably either:

1. Because there can be only one set of reporting details at the top when you merge them
  2. Each counts as it’s own incident report, even if there is one support case opened by staff in response to all of them

Then again I’m assuming staff are using the bug report category on the forum in tandem with github as an analog to a ticketing tool (eg. ServiceNOW, where when multiple end users submit incident tickets you create a Problem ticket that links to all the individual reports).

That’s just conjecture and speculation, though.

I’m basing that off a few githubs tagged as issues that referred to forum posts in their comments/posts, but I could be completely wrong, and maybe there is another reason forum bug reports aren’t often merged.

Well, my own bug report was merged, so they do that.) Plus 1st topic have multiple ppl complaining already, as this bug is on for a half a year or so.

1 Like

Looks like the same issue as this one: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/multiple-annotations-of-the-same-attribute/8269/20

1 Like

thanks for pointing out the existing topic

1 Like