Is there a way to generate a report of specific parameters? Maybe export to an Excel or CSV?
I live in Montana and have been trying to recruit and cheerlead over the last year I’ve been on iNat. We have a small and rural population, and commensurately we only have 30k observations in the state. I interact a lot with and rely on the the handful of power users active in the area, and have long been considering running an iNat Montana (or maybe a broader iNat Northern Rockies) blog to provide a locus for the community to feel more like a community than a loose connection of users.
One thing that would be really helpful to see the big picture and interesting details would be a report. Things in Montana like:
- Pie chart of observations by certain taxa (the usual categories of plants, birds, insects, fungi, bacteria, etc.) to date.
- Trends: Total obs vs. RG obs, taxa obs numbers over time
- List of taxa by % of RG, to organize efforts to clean them up as a group.
- Call out of any NEW or RARE (n<5 or 10?) observations that week.
- First posts by users, to call out a welcome to them.
I know iNat has the data, but I’m not sure how to pull it. Maybe this needs to bump over to the Feature Request forum, but I thought I’d post here first in case there is a way to do this.