Genus status affect the entire species under it

I can across the need to make individual species from the same genus, trough the checklist for specific country introduced.

I mean, there several specie of Eucalyptus in Israel, all introduced, so I wonder if i make the genus “Eucalyptus” introduced in israel checklist, all the species that occur in israel will became as as well.

is it possible?

Yes, go to the place checlist for Israel, search for the genus and click edit, there’s an option to change status. https://www.inaturalist.org/check_lists/7141-Israel-Check-List

That I did already,
What I meant is, if I changed the genus all the other species will be affected, which they didn’t

Thank you,

There’s some problems with this list as it only allows species and not genera to be seen, but if you could open the genus and change it it’d work for all observations down from it, could you link where you did it?

For the moment, I did changed the genus level for introduced, and also manually the local species.
So for now I cant see if it worked. but i will try again in the future, keeping this option in mind.
Thank you for your help so far :relaxed:

For sure those trees are nowhere near Israel in their native range, they’re from Australia, NG and some islands.

Do you know why this particular list doesn’t allow anything but species? I believed such lists automatically were set to all taxa levels and here it’s only species and genus status can’t be changed.

If list is set to “leaves” and not species, then yes, it’s possible, it’s not about taxa, but list itself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.