I don’t know if there’s a tutorial, but here is how I mark an observation as a favorite or delete my favorite designation:
On the app (I’m on iPhone):
- Open the observation you want to fav or unfit.
- There are three tabs under the photo: Info (i), ID (…), and Fav (a star). Go to the Fav tab.
- The tab will tell you if it’s a fav or not. Click the star next to the text to change your decision
- Open the observation you want to fav or unfav.
- Look under the map showing the location for a small star with a label saying something about favorites.
- If the star is filled in, you have faved it (it will say that in text too). If it’s just an outline, you have not faved it and the text will invite you to. Click the star to change your selection.
I’ve never Faved a taxon. I know you can subscribe to a Taxon, as described here: