How can I combine observations?

I need to combine two observations that I posted separately. How do I do that?

1 Like

there’s not really a great way to do this. if you still have the original image files, you can just add to observation A the image(s) that you previously uploaded to observation B, and then delete observation B.

if you don’t still have the original image files, then you can download the image(s) from observation B, add them to observation A, and then delete observation B. the downside to this is that you’ll lose all the metadata associated with the photos from B.

one last way to do this is to make some API requests to associate the image(s) from B to observation A, and then delete observation B. this will retain the image metadata, but not everyone is comfortable interacting directly with the API. (if you want to go down this path, just say so, and i can provide more details.)

2 Likes

Also, welcome to the forum @martindj1 , and thanks for taking the time and initiative to improve your observations!

1 Like

Tutorial here https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-to-turn-multiple-observations-into-a-single-observation/9838

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.