How do I combine photos AFTER I have posted them individually?

I am new to this site. I have photos that I posted as individual observations; they need to be combined into one observation as they are the same observation. Someone, please help me learn how to combine my observations.

4 Likes

welcome to the forum :)
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-to-turn-multiple-observations-into-a-single-observation/9838/16

4 Likes

Good day
There is no way to combine multiple observations into 1.
What you can do:
Open up all the observations you want to combine. Select the primary one and delete the rest.
Open the folder on your PC with the photos in. Then Drag/Drop them onto your primary observation photo. You will see a little scrollie at the bottom below showing you it loading the pic. Do this with all the pics you want to add…
Hope this helps.

Not sure how to do it on a phone. Someone else can answer there.

1 Like

Hello! It’s pretty easy! All you have to do is go to one of your observations, and click on the photos button under your picture to add new photos!

2 Likes

I hesitated to mention this on the other thread, but if you´re using a Mac, the fastest and easiest way is just to open two windows in Chrome - one with each observation. Then drag and drop images from one window to the other.

4 Likes

I load photos in batches, so for instance I’ll load all the photos from the day at one location. The next page that comes up is the editing page, where you can select all or individually to input location, ID, etc. At this point you can just drag together photos that are of the same individual. Might not be helpful if you’ve gone past this point, or done it from a phone.

2 Likes

Sometimes I’ll wait to load the “extra” photos after I’ve created the initial observations. Then go back to those and Add + more photos.
But when I load them all at once, dragging one onto the other works. But if you have too many photos uploaded at once it can be impossible to drag from way down the list up to the top of the gallery without scrolling.

1 Like

You can also hold down the ctrl key, select multiple photos, and click the “Combine” button to group them all together.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.