@jbravolux - there is no way currently to enter observation fields via the mobile app, it can only be done on the website. Likewise on the website, there is not way to make the count (or any other observation field) appear by default on all your records, you have to add them individually.
Probably the fastest way to do it is as follows:
- enter all your observations either on the mobile app or website and synch them up.
- go to the website and click your user icon button in the top right.
- choose Edit Observations
- click the batch edit button
- select the observations you wish to add the field to by clicking next to it and when finished choose the edit selected button
- expand the top section marked Batch Operations which is backlit in yellow, then expand the More fields at the bottom of that section.
- under Add a Field, add the ‘Count’ observation field (or which ever one you choose to use. Observation fields suffer from terrible duplication, so there are many related to counting numbers, but the one simply called ‘Count’ is the most frequently used
- press the Apply fields button that appears to the right, this will add an empty instance of the field to every record
- scroll down through your observations and add the quantity
- press the save all button
I will grant you it is not the most efficient way this can be done, but given what the site supports right now, the above is likely the fastest way I know of to bulk add it. If someone knows another approach, feel free to chime in.