How to find the "advanced user tutorial" mentioned in the "licenced" badge?

Hi!
I’m curious how to find the advanced user tutorial that is mentioned in the “licensed” badge. After completing the new user tutorial, Discobot says:

(If you’d like to speak with me again to learn more, just message or mention @discobot any time!)

I tried that, and followed the steps shown, but it brought me right back to the new user tutorial. Any ideas?

1 Like

direct message to discobot with ‘start advanced user’ as the subject

1 Like

Weird, That didn’t work for me. I tried it, and it still directs me to the new user tutorial… :thinking:

Try starting a new message to discobot with the message, “discobot start advanced user”, but with the @ symbol before discobot to tag it.

1 Like

I tried that as well, and it also gave me the new user tutorial. should I complete that one again first?

The advanced tutorial is only started if you have completed the new user tutorial… sounds like it didn’t complete fully.

Although your profile does show you as having completed it! @tiwane any idea what could be wrong here?

Weird, I did complete it – twice.

It never worked for me either. I was told by another user that you had to be logged in with your Discourse profile to access it, but I wasn’t able to login to Discourse using the profile I have on the iNat forum. I haven’t made a Discourse profile to try that out yet…

1 Like

go to the mail page (the envelope from your profile at top right), and send a message to the user called discobot. Make the subject what ever you want it to be, but in the body put “@discobot start advanced tutorial” without the quote marks and send it

1 Like

@alexis_orion Just to check that you completed the full new user tutorial all the way, what is the last message discobot sent you?

It should be, “Thanks for sticking with me @ insertyournamehere! I made this for you, I think you’ve earned it:” with a nice picture of a certificate.

3 Likes

Thanks!
now it works :)

1 Like

I never received that message. After retaking the new user tutorial, I received the final message and allowed me to take the Advanced. Thank you as well!

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.