How to give a post a solution

A month ago I put up this topic -https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/casual-or-research-greade/21796
and less than 5min later @fffffffff replied to my topic with the prefect answer but I did not know how to mark it as solved eventually someone else put it as solved and I was able to agree with that.

So if someone could inform me on how to mark a topic as solved that would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Canyon

4 Likes

I think not sure but when you make a topic thats a question you will be able to mark peoples comments/ replies as solution, and after that happens it will show it as solved/ solution and then it will appear as solved under the topic dissucsion.

1 Like

Under each post (except the first one) you will see some icons to the right, including three dots (…). Click on that and it will expand to show more options, one of which says “Solution.” Click on that, and it should mark that post as the solution.

NOTE: some topic categories are not set up to allow solutions to be marked.

5 Likes

I tried that and it did not work, however they are coming up on this post.
Thanks

They come up for me in the post that you linked. It looks like it was first posted in a different category, “Nature Talk,” that does not allow solutions to be marked. But now that it’s in “General,” the option is available.

4 Likes

ar thanks very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.