I would like an iNat hat

i wonder if i can update an ongoing poll without losing existing votes? (the Google discussion also mentioned hoodie and stainless steel beverage container.)

UPDATE: hmmm… it looks like i can update it, but everyone who has already voted will have to go back and resubmit their choices (though their choices won’t be lost). maybe i’ll just leave what i have for now.

can you add a second poll in the same post? Poll 1 could be for the first 12 suggestions made, and then when we have another (say) 6, those could be added as a second poll, and then again after another 6 for the 3rd…

An iNat cooler bag (I use one with an icepack in it to keep my collected bugs chill on hot days, otherwise I get home and they are … let’s just say… “affected”!

1 Like

And I use a satchel with all my collecting stuff in it (loupe, petri-dish, scale sheet, sticks for probing holes, spray bottle for misting spider webs, hundreds of empty jars and tubes of various sizes, a pooter, a “sit-still”, white plastic spoons, flagging tape, notepad and pen/pencil… an iNat satch would be cool!

4 Likes

Some of those cheap little plastic 6 inch rulers with the iNat logo would be awesome for taking pictures of fiddly things on the ground.

My favorite field ruler for keying out plants/using as a scale in photos has a “slap-bracelet” mechanism, which makes it easy to keep it looked around a backpack strap when not in use. Would love to have an iNat version, maybe with a photo-friendly alternating black and white background.

8 Likes

Didn’t see this at first, I like this idea as well. I’ll take half a dozen. : )

1 Like

And this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/inaturalist/inaturalist$20stickers|sort:date/inaturalist/3ORWM6afQso/UyuEt8T6AwAJ

Couple of questions. What is a beanie? One of those stuffed toys, or a brimless hat with a propeller on top? Either one leaves me a bit puzzled! And I’d love a bumper sticker, but a magnetic one rather than paper/glue.

1 Like

just google “beanie hat” :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Here in Canada we call them toques.

1 Like

I would like to buy a car window decal

2 Likes

A window sticker would be great.

1 Like

well, so far, with 38 voters, a measuring device and a baseball cap are the top selections. t-shirt rounds out the top 3. i wonder if that means any baseball cap or t-shirt should come with a ruler integrated into its design?

4 Likes

If hoodies (not hooded mergansers or warblers but hooded sweatshirts to be clear) are possible at some point I’ll take two! Also, I like the gear satchel idea. I’d rock the warning bumper sticker too, window decal, and maybe this is too niche but binocular shoulder harness with the logo would be sweet too.

8 Likes

oh hoodies would be great i love hoodies

5 Likes

You would have to ensure that it’s a no-shrink t-shirt! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hoodies!!!

3 Likes

I like that idea, I wonder if you could make a hat with a ruler that slides out of the brim (ambitious I know)

3 Likes

i was thinking more like a baseball cap with an adjustable strap that does double duty as a ruler.

1 Like

Ha, love that idea!

1 Like