#IdentiFriday is the happiest day of the week

Good point… Maybe I will pistpone some ArgiopeIDds today and will go for the bees instead :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW, looks like there are a bunch of unknowns coming in from location: “Lafayette High School, Wildwood, MO, US”. Unfortunately, there isn’t a class project or something to find them all in one place.

I was looking at the unknown from user accounts under 3 weeks old & they are dominating the page at the moment.

1 Like

Friday, I finished going through St. Kitts and Nevis (inspired by @susanhewitt having mentioned that she had recently added a lot of observations there). That was what triggered my thread about Manchineel.

3 Likes

Counting down to another Friday, already! Penstemon day in, day out, for me. 16,000 uploads so far in 2022, gosh darn that’s a lot of flowers!

3 Likes

I might filter Unknowns for “has sounds” tomorrow.
Sometimes I need that dopamine hit that comes with seeing the number of pages along the bottom of the identify page decrease by an entire digits place.

4 Likes

As Friday is here and someone wants to have their obs checke, please post here!

1 Like

Maybe find somewhere that is still chewing away at the tougher residue of the City Nature Challenge.
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/city-nature-challenge-2022-global-project?tab=stats
88K obs and just barely over half are Research Grade.

1 Like

i did a few identifications for Baton Rouge this morning. might try a few other cities in the area if i get time later today.

4 Likes

Thanks for checking mine marina.

Can anyone else check them out? Anyone good with bird and frog audio?
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&quality_grade=needs_id&user_id=lappelbaum&verifiable=any

Inspired by a YouTube video, I looked at all four pages of Kidlington, UK, because I want to get a real sense of the country. :grinning: There were a few that I moved out of “Vascular Plants.”

3 Likes

Almost went to sleep without posting something

1 Like

Sleep? You’re sleeping on a Friday?!? Start IDing; there’s work to do!

3 Likes

My eyes are glazing over. No more today. Every time I refresh, there are hundreds more!

3 Likes

Just did a few today… friday might actually be my least productive day of the week in terms if IDing…

1 Like

I chipped in a couple hundred Penstemon and Cercocarpus in Southern California! It’s just a fraction of the pile, but it’s something :>

If you have pointers for the Cercocarpus that aren’t birchleaf or curlleaf, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Another Friday is here! I still need help with either Far East observations or Altai ones, thank you everyone for your help 2 weeks ago! There’re birds, plants+fungi, molluscs and insects/spiders/millipeds that need the most attention, if anyone can id fish or crabs, there’re some too.

1 Like

I worked through a few random things today. I don’t recognize much on your links, sorry.

Since the CNC, new observations are accumulating at roughly 150,000 per day. That’s crazy!

2 Likes

That’s ok! Yeah, would be cool to see statistics at the end of the year and compare % to 2021.

150,000 a day?!? Wow.

OK, I am looking forward to when there are a million identifiers on iNat - but that’s about four times the number we have now!

2 Likes

Another way to look at it
2022, Jan 1 to Jun 9 = 14,977,440 verifiable observations uploaded (93,609 per day)
2021, Jan 1 to Jun 9 = 12,941,387 verifiable observations uploaded (80,884 per day)

Also:
May 29, 2007 to Dec 31, 2018 = 15,009,113 verifiable observations uploaded

3 Likes