IDs & Comments not appearing in Dashboard

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): I’m not sure you can replicate, since I don’t know why or when it happens.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

I hope I’m doing this right.
I check my dashboard “Your Content,” daily, multiple times. I rarely miss a day. On several occasions, I’ve found comments or identifications that never appeared in my dashboard.
Is there some other way to filter for changes to my submissions that I have not seen?
Thanks

I believe I read in another forum post that minor slowdowns on the website caused some notifications to not show up. That sounds like your problem. Sorry, I don’t remember the topic, but you might be able to search for it.

Thank you. I have all kinds of buggy things with Chrome & iNat, although my Chrome is latest version and I clear cache/cookies regularly. This week, my observations page after an upload hasn’t updated for days. (Although I can go direct to observations and they are up-to-date). And I’ve always had the problem of observations showing twice (with only one observation ID#). I need to check for bug reports or submit one for each problem.

@pisum has created a way to see the observation notifications you have received but have never opened, and it’s described in this topic: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/is-there-an-easy-way-to-open-all-notifications/25913/21 It starts where the third screenshot in that topic currently is. It’s for all your observation notifications, however, not just notifications about your own observations. I use this all the time.

1 Like