I'm missing from the curator section of the 'People' page

ditto for me still, although I occasionally appear every now and then (I also can’t see Jim on the page right now)

1 Like

I see Thomas at the moment, at position 25.

If I change the site language to Danish you appear. I’d guess the pages are cached at different times for the different site languages…maybe?

A post was split to a new topic: “Taxa curated” number lower than it should be

almost two years on, and still the same confusing situation, with one exception - the curator list now seems to update / refresh more frequently.
As an aside, has anyone suggested that curatorial data be included in curator’s profile page? This would enable curators to at least see how many curation actions they have undertaken.
One further thought - now that there is a “history” function for taxon changes, will it be possible to track when one’s action/actions is/are updated by another curator (and thus be able to see why one’s total curation actions count decreases), please ?

I’m not even listed as a curator at the moment. I wonder if I don’t show up in my own feed for some reason?

You should show up in your own feed, but the problem is that you show up sporadically. Some days I show up on the curators page, sometimes I don’t. The longest I disappeared for was about a week, but usually if I’m missing then I reappear the next day

1 Like

As I noted above, although not clearly, this page bascially just loads 500 curators, so not every curator will appear when it’s loaded. I don’t think it’s really a “bug” in that it’s intended to show just 500 curators and that’s what it does. It’s definitely not an ideal design, though, and I think I can mark this as “solved” and folks can discuss what an improvement would look like here.

5 Likes

I’ve been completely missing from the list of displayed curators for two or three weeks now.

It is normal that you are not displayed for some time and the displayed curators sort of rotate, but now I think that this is probably another problem because unfortunately I have not been displayed under “iNat’s Noble Curators” for quite some time now.

1 Like

To me it still seems random. I’ll be missing for that long or even longer, and then show up again.

It might be reassuring to curators if it could always load 501 curators instead of 500, including the one who happens to be logged in at the time.

But that doesn’t help those who want to always be displayed to the world, for academic recognition or other purposes.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily want to be displayed all the time, but like I said I am missing in this list since weeks now and ususally it is only one or two days. If you are not displayed, you will get fewer questions from other users, but I would like to be available for the community.

It’s really annoying me at the moment because I don’t know what could be causing it.

1 Like

first time I’ve seen you appear back on the page for weeks and weeks

2 Likes

Now I can the familiar faces who I see are active.

Why do we have. SO. MANY. ‘curators’ with three zeros?

Yes, it works again since a few days. :-)