iNat down? Pages all incomplete

That sounds like a fine plan! :D

1 Like

Itā€™s a problem worldwide, everyone is experiencing this.

Canā€™t load my home page (dashboard).
Canā€™t load an observation page.
Canā€™t load a taxon page, most often, but sometimes it is loaded.

In California time itā€™s only 7:30am now so it might still be a bit before the staff are online.

3 Likes

Explore and Identify pages arenā€™t working for me at all, and other pages are loading with a tortoiseā€™s speed !

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform iOS 14.3

App version number,3.0.6 build 610

Browser, N/A

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem

Step 1: login -> "Oops Unknown Error: 500 (No problem logging in via browser.)

Step 2: app appears logged in, but says i have no observations. (login via browser works for seeing my observations.)

Step 3:

Iā€™m having the same problem, also on iOS and same app version.
My observations are visible but I canā€™t upload anything new, it says the same Error 500 (Internal Server Error 500)

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android and Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.20.30

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/67909401

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): Unable to identify the species name by AI system and manual typing, dysfunction of the server?

Step 1: choose the ā€œidentificationā€ blank

Step 2: no identification showed by AI. Even unable to enter it by manual typing

Step 3:

1 Like

Iā€™m having this same problem this morning. Also, the desktop import interface is ignoring species identifications included as keywords in the image file metadata. Using Chrome on a PC. Basically, unable to add an identification to anything I try to upload via the desktop import page.

seems to be working again :-)

3 Likes

We had an API failure this morning, which I think is now resolved. Please let me know if you notice anything that is still broken. Iā€™ll be monitoring this closely throughout the day

24 Likes

Starting from 15:22:59 UTC, Droneflyā€™s logs show iNat API working again. No issues again since then.

Glad to see Iā€™m not the only ā€œiNaturalist addictā€ who was missing the server this morning haha. Itā€™s reassuring to see that this many people were virtually together to serve citizen science and protect biodiversity today.

1 Like

I know, since iNat started working properly it stopped

@pleary

It seems to be down again.

1 Like

Itā€™s super slow.

Working with issues:

1 Like

It is now working again

Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.