iNat phone app logout question

What does it specifically mean when it says you will lose all your observations on the device when you log out of the phone app?

your observations will remain in the system on iNat’s servers, but you won’t be able to see them on your phone app. the next time you want to see them on your phone app, you’ll have to log in and download them all again.

If you have auto-upload turned off, and you’ve made some new observations but not synced them yet, you will lose them if you log out.

3 Likes

Thanks. I have auto-upload checked so I was used to seeing all my observations. Sounds like it will upload them all back in after re-logging into the account.

To clarify this, if you have an internet connection you’ll be able to see your observations on your phone just fine online even if you don’t have them in your phone memory. I can’t think of a specific reason to keep them on the phone unless you want to access them when you are out of cell phone range.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.