iNaturalist Updates for December 2022

Whoops, forgot to post this on January 1st! Here are updates from iNaturalist for December, 2022.

Here’s a list of iNat updates for December 2022:

General

Website

• Added email confirmation
  • Minor bug fixes

Android

View all release notes

• Version 1.28.8 (561) released - bug/crash fixes

iOS

View all release notes

• No release this month.

Seek

• Released December challenge
  • Released Year in Review
  • Added Bulgarian, Croatian and Ukrainian languages
  • Made some lists more performant

iNat Blog

For even more bug fixes and updates, check out iNaturalist on github and see previous monthly updates.

15 Likes

@tiwane When I change the ID of one of my existing observations in the (Android) app, I subsequently need to synchronize (‘upload’) this change. Was this a recent update? I cannot remember it has been that way in the past months, but not sure…

Any big change you make through the app should be synchronized.

I just noticed something is different regarding synchronization, and I am trying to figure out what it is…

1 Like

Is it possible you had “Auto Sync” turned on previously, and now you have it turned off?

This was my first year on iNat, and I loved checking out my year in review to see where I’ve observed over 2022! Hoping for a great 2023 as well.

2 Likes

Anytime you make a change the app will try to synchronize it so that your change in the app is sent to the server (and vice versa). If you have auto upload on that should happen once you save the change. If you don’t have auto upload on, you may need to manually sync the change.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.