iNaturalist website is down?

just reloaded my iNat home page and got the “iNaturalist website is down” message. anyone else getting this?

1 Like

It’s down for me now, same message

1 Like

Me too in Cape Town
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/inaturalist.org

1 Like

Yay!! iNat is back!

1 Like

I was too fast - were down again :(

2 Likes

The site has been up and down the entire morning. Last night already I got messages that the queue is full, please try again later. Maybe the site is extremely busy at the moment?

2 Likes

Yes, down in Victoria, Australia

1 Like

Was down an hour ago, when I came back now still down. :( Affiliates are down too but that’s what you’d expect with that type of server error. Only problem is its currently in the middle of the night for California so it might be a while before the tech iNat’s wake up. :(

3 Likes

iNaturalist website is down

Kharkiv, Ukraine

1 Like

Yes @reiner that’s my experience but interesting that none of the iNat staff or moderators of this forum (which is working) have responded to this problem (@bouteloua @loarie )

2 Likes

I thought it was working at 08:00 Greenwich time (about 09:00 Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam time). Well, lets read the newspaper…

1 Like

I don’t know what what you mean???

1 Like

Down here for us in New Zealand as well.

1 Like

it was working for me then too.

as @reiner said, it’s still night there , so we might have to wait a bit for them to respond.

as to the forum working, the forum isn’t hosted on the main iNat server, so it wouldn’t be affected.

2 Likes

down here too in Italy. I wouldn’t expect much on them, not for lack of skills of course, but for the fact that their responsabilities do not span on server administration.
I bet the managers of the server already have some web monitoring service which is alerting them that the website is down.

1 Like

Been down for me here in Western Australia for at least 12 hours.

For those who may not know, you can “check its not just you” here- https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/inaturalist.org.html

4 Likes

It just came back! Whew

1 Like

I think Gerald crashed the site

6 Likes

I can see observations

Kharkiv, Ukraine

1 Like