Incorrect taxa appearing in results

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Website (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): N/A

Chrome, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

(aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices:

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Use URL above to view “leaf beetles and allies”

Step 2: Notice results include “longhorn beetles and allies” e.g this taxa ( at 5 observations)

Step 3:

1 Like

This is an indexing issue, and this specific situation has already been reported. See this report:


Thanks Thomas,
I read the linked thread, but wondering if there is something I can do, to help fix the problem.

I didn’t get Psalidognathus modestus in the results, but I got these other Cerambycidae at the bottom of the page:

The only solution I’ve found is to “refresh” each taxon, which requires a curator and isn’t really worth all the effort.

Presumably because I refreshed it so it got reindexed.