Invites for a traditional project

Yeah just individual projects.

The plant thing took me a minute figure out for my project too. Go to the edit page, and in the observation fields, click edit field. In that page under Datatype, change it from text to taxon.

I might add it once I get it rolling. I’m just wrapping up the protocols for it, and then I’ve got to get some surveyors in my area.

In the past all of my projects have been collection or umbrella projects, this is the first traditional project I’ve made. Based on my issues getting it setup and what someone else added, I think that traditional projects may be a bit buggy. That may be the issue that you’re having, I noticed that you’re listed as a manager which is the minimum level to edit the project settings, it also may be that you can’t alter a setting once people have already used it. Did you try adding a new field to see if you can do that? Maybe adding another plant field and then moving the current one to the bottom of the list would be a solution.

I like semi-natural habitat, I might switch to that. I wanted this to be mainly looking at urban bees, but I want some rural yards to compare to. Semi-natural covers both.

Pretty sure this is caused by this bug: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3402

1 Like

An update has been released to prevent it from happening again and any project which suffered from this issue should be fixed as well, so I’m going to close this.

1 Like