iOS App 3.0.2 Images not in order I select them on observation

Platform: iOS

App version number: 3.0.2

Browser: n/a

URLs: doesn’t matter

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem:

Step 1: Add an observation via the iOS app, selecting the photos in the order you want them to appear on the observation.

Step 2: Share the observation after you set the rest of the fields.

Step 3: Photos show up in a different order (possibly in the order they were taken – not sure). Not sure this happens every time. This is since the 3.0 upgrade.

Thanks for the detailed report.

I was able to replicate once, but I can’t do so consistently. Have you edited the photos you’re selecting? The one time I could replicated, it was two photos of the same organism, once which had been cropped, which which hadn’t been cropped.

Often, yes. I usually crop on my MacBook Pro, mark the ones I want to upload as Favorites, then do the uploading from the app on my phone because the interface is better. Or was. Didn’t it have numbers on it recently for the order in which you selected them? Then they went away. Or am I thinking of a different app altogether? lol

(As an aside, the reason I use the upload on the iPhone via the app instead of via a browser from my MacBook Pro is that I store all my photos in iCloud and, unless there’s a secret, I can’t access those photos from the desktop through the iNaturalist (or probably any other) File Open button. In order to get around this from the browser, I’d have to save a copy of the file onto my computer which then seems to get rid of the date and time the photo was taken, so then I have to change it manually. I can’t remember whether it keeps the GPS info. So I found it better to do this through the app on the iPhone.)