Iphone app sorting pictures in opposite order to photo app

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS (iphone App)

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): version 3.3.2

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : n/a

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: n/a

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: I go to the iNat app and create an observation by selecting observe → photo library

Step 2: in the photo library, I select the folder I want to upload pictures from

Step 3: the pictures are sorted in reverse order from how they are sorted in my Photos App - eg pictures in my Photo app are usually sorted oldest to newest. In the iNat app they will show newest to oldest. When I change the sort order in the Photos app, this will change the order they are showing in iNat app and it is always the reverse of what the sort order in the Photos app is

I am not sure whether it is supposed to be this way but I don’t find it useful as I usually move pictures ito a specific folder to crop them prior to upload and sometimes have to switch between both apps to check what I want to upload and then to delete from the folder the pictures I have already uploaded. Which means going back to the photos app I then have to scroll to the far end of the folder to find those pictures.
This only started a few months ago after an app update, prior to that the sort order was aligned between both apps.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the scenario, as in show the photo selector (Photos can be blurred out for obvious reasons)

This may or may not be an issue with IOS (iPhone firmware) directly as I don’t know which list is being reversed, thats why a screenshot would really help, either ways sounds like an interesting issue with a certain simple fix!

I have created a test folder … first picture shows the pictures in the iPhone Photos app - they are sorted “oldest to newest” by default.
When I go into the iNat app and create an observation from Photo Library, I select the folder and the pictures are shown in reverse “newest to oldest”.