Issues creating a new place in Florida

The species tab on the place defaults to research grade records, so you need to account for that, plus it also includes species which have been added to the checklist, but not observed. So for example something like Saltmarsh Cicacda which is on the checklist, but has no records will be on that view. Whether it was added manually to the checklist, or there was a record which has subsequently either been corrected in ID, or moved geographically is impossible to tell.

They don’t count the same things.

1 Like

ok. thanks for the explanation about the species tab.

OK, I see me showing up now. I changed the geo location to open. The checklist box is already checked in the place edit. Thank ya’ll.

Now it doesn’t come up in search now. If I go to places and search, plantation, florida shows no results. This link still works though
https://www.inaturalist.org/places/plantation-florida

1 Like

You need to search for the display name which is Plantation, FL, US

For future reference, looks like it took a little over an hour for people’s observations to begin to appear on the place page after I checked the “check list” box in the place settings.

Shows up for me in the search header if I search for Plantation, FL:

And the places search:

1 Like

“plantation, florida” probably won’t return any results, but “plantation, fl” will.

just a general thought: on the left side of the place page, you’ll find a link to subscribe to a place. you can use that to keep on top of any new observations in Plantation. (they’ll show up in the stream in your iNaturalist home page.) also on the right side of the home page, you’ll see your first 5 place subscriptions. it’s nice because you can click on any of those, and they’ll open up the appropriate place page, like a shortcut.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.