Kml data unavailable

Hello everyone, I’m trying to dl kml datas but this option cannot be displayed, only the csv files are available, is that normal?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

not sure exactly what you’re looking for, but maybe this might be what you’re looking for: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-to-get-kml-boundaries-for-inat-places-wiki/3750

1 Like

Hello and thank you, actually I just wanted to import some data in .kml in the explorer section, it used to work maybe a year ago but now the CSV import is the only possiblity and CSVs aren’t exactly working as they aren’t recognized as CSV in Excel. But thank you though.
Regards.

Are you trying to export a KML file from the explore section to your computer? The option to download a KML from iNatuaralist was removed quite a while ago, partly because it never worked very well.

If the CSV from iNat is not working in Excel, can you please send specific details (and the CSV) to help@inaturalist.org?

1 Like

Good morning and thank you very much for these insights, trying to download kml through the explorer to my computer was exactly what I was attempting to do without any success (obviously). Ok, now regarding the CSV situation, Excel (2007) doesn’t recognize the rows and everything is displayed in a single cell, maybe this issue is related to my old Excel version? It’s like the commas weren’t interpreted as rows.
I also need to reinstall QGIS to open the CSV and see if it works, do you think this kml situation will be fixed someday?
Thank you again.
Regard.

Like I said, please email the CSV to help@inaturalist.org so we can take a look at it.