Lifechanging Upgrades?

It does sound like this works so well for you. Aside: on another iNat thread about phone overheating, it was suggested that putting the phone on a very cool surface could cause unwanted condensation in the phone (dunno, seems reasonable).

2 Likes

oh wow, I was unaware of that. Thank you! That’s important information.

1 Like

Update: I’ve been getting notifications from Verizon all year that my treasured LG Enact phone will no longer work as of January 1, 2023. Do to many unfortunate circumstances, I was waiting until the end of the year to replace it. That being said the iNat app stopped working on July 23rd while I was uploading observations. It has happened before. Worst case in the past was uninstalling & the reinstalling the app. Not this time - Apparently the app had updated and my phone no longer supported it. Final straw. I bought a Google Pixel 6. (Wanted the Plus version, but I need to be more frugal.) My only consideration for the phone was android, photo quality and pinpoint GPS accuracy so I don’t have to spent HOURS on fixing my observation locations. So far the photos are great - low light too! And pinpoint GPS EVRY SINGLE TIME. So for now, I can continue to “Go light.” Adding observations has become much faster. Now next time I am invited to a special iNat observation event, I won’t have to decline because my phone is acting up. (It has happened.) And, btw… I am very low tech.

6 Likes

Moving from compact cameras to a secondhand Canon EOS 60D (DSLR) and macro lens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.