Up until now I’ve mainly been using iNat to track whatever I see when out on walks with the family. However on Saturday 1st August I’m planning my first solo iNat trip where I’ll be heading to a nature reserve for 4-6 hours specifically to document whatever I can find.
Some Basic Info:
- Weather is set to be a sunny 24*C.
- The location is a mixture of pine forest, naturally occurring ponds, and sandy heathland.
- I’ll be going mainly hunting spiders and insects, but also whatever I stumble across.
- Whatever I take will need to fit into a rucksack/camera bag along with water and lunch.
- I have an endoscope and an old DSLR but no macro lens (can’t afford one). Plus all the usual kit (jars, paint brushes, hand lens, tweezers, etc)
TLDR: My question to the community is what I should I take?
Also, any tips to make the most of the trip? Any advice, pointers, mistakes to avoid, etc. are welcome too.
Thanks in advance. Liam