"loading suggestions..." slow

Today I’m uploading a large number of observations via the web browser and am experiencing very slow response to “uploading suggestions…”. Often about 10 seconds, but the latest I tried didn’t respond after 60 seconds. Typically the wait is only about 1 second or so. I wonder if the slowness is due to it being Sunday and everyone uploading observations. Any thoughts?

8 Likes

Also experiencing this.

4 Likes

I think it’s this slow for at least a couple of days, at least for me. I just click on id line for every observations and go to do something on a different tab, when you come back it’s loaded for all of them.

3 Likes

I just tried this and it didn’t work for me. I got an ID only for the last one clicked on. Any tricks for getting this to work?

I’m noticing this too. Stopped waiting for the list and just typed in name instead!

1 Like

I’m typing in too, but this makes me use my brain more than I usually have too.

4 Likes

same issue here

Oh wait, maybe it did work. I just had to wait a couple minutes

1 Like

i had the same issue today and yesterday on the website version. sometimes in the same batch of uploads it would work normally for a few minutes and then go back to being very slow. of course if i already know the taxon i want to put i can just type it but for some things i do lean pretty heavily on the cv at least steering me in a direction.

obviously not the end of the world, just mildly irritating. because it’s not just me experiencing it, i wonder if the inat ai is being overloaded? more usage recently perhaps?

1 Like

It has been happening all afternoon after clicking on “what did you see?” on the iPhone app:

“Cannot load suggestions. Request failed: internal server error (500)”.

3 Likes

I’m hoping iNat is doing a CV update for us. We are about due for this month’s update?

Last one was 23 Feb
https://www.inaturalist.org/blog/75633-a-new-computer-vision-model-v2-1-including-1-770-new-taxa

2 Likes

I was having the same issue this afternoon too

1 Like

I am seeing this too, but intermittently, so I thought it was my connection.

1 Like

had it both ID’ing and posting an observation. ID’ing was done in Chrome, observation was in iOS on my phone.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed this.

1 Like

I had the same issue yesterday when uploading in the Brave Browser

1 Like

It’s still slow!!!

1 Like

I noticed this too.

I have had the same problem since Saturday.

1 Like

Map data is loading very slow as well.