Location of Picture says "Unknown" or "Somewhere"

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website/iOS App

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings): 2.8.7, build 558

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Upload a photo

Step 2: Check private/public for location

Step 3: See if it sometimes lists as “Somewhere” or “Unknown” location.

Scroll down the list of observations, and you’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

I only see unknowns and they’re observations with obscured location and as I know they always show like that, not sure about how are they shown to the author.

1 Like

I know that they show that to the outsiders but I should see the location while I’m in the account, right? Even if it’s listed as private?

1 Like

Mine shows. At least with obscured.

I don’t believe this is a bug, the list on the Me tab shows the public place guess for the observation. If you tap on the observation, you should see the actual location if it’s your observation. Here’s an example from my list. The top observation has private geoprivacy, the next three are obscured, and the last is open.

When I tap on them, I see the true locations.

Now, when you first save the obseration, the actual place guess shows, but that’s replaced when the observations are refreshed. At least that’s how it’s working for me.