Make taxon page map layer choices "sticky"

Platform(s), such as mobile, website, API, other: Website

URLs (aka web addresses) of any pages, if relevant: See my original question here:
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/changing-default-map-layers-on-taxon-pages/36125

Description of need:
Currently on my system, maps for a taxon page are displayed with both Checklist Places and Verifiable Observations selected. I would like the option to have the default map come up without the Checklist Places selected, instead of having to deselect it every time I open up a map.

Feature request details:
I frequently find the layer for Checklist Places visually distracting and sometimes even misleading. I’d rather have the map of observations displayed without them, which I can do at present by delecting that layer, but I’d like to set the latter as my default configuration.

I chnaged the topic title to a more specific action verb - I think it describes the requested feature? Also, the fact that the title is the same as the #general topic was messing up the link on the Forum Widget in iNat. First time I think we encountered that. (thanks for noticing, @cthawley)

2 Likes

Closing this because I made a github issue for another request that would accomplish the request here.