Maps or photographs seemingly randomly "blued out"

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):
Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :
Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:
Most of the searches that I do have this issue. Sometimes it is the photos, sometimes maps, sometimes both. I am trying to use this for work I am doing and at times I can’t find the occurrences at all!

Screenshots of what you are seeing :

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: In explore, search on species “X”

Step 2: return

Step 3: blued out portions of the response

To me that looks more like a computer problem than an iNat problem, but that’s just my total-non-expert opinion.

1 Like

Just adding another screenshot with a photo partly blued.

And then this today when I zoomed in:

This was the second one I meant to add. And this makes me more concerned about an overall computer issue as fluffyinca suggests rather than iNat–although this is the only place I have seen this so far. Thanks.

: w

Definitely a computer issue. You can edit posts to change the text/images after you’ve posted it, btw.

1 Like

After that last photograph view I was highly suspicious that I was in trouble.

Thanks on both accounts zdanko.

Leah

Display Drivers likely need updating. You can google it for better directions than I can probably give you, but manufacturers of display devices often update their driver software to fix problems that are found after release for certain combinations of equipment that didn’t factor in their pre-release testing.

4 Likes

also consider re-booting so that it’s a freshly started copy of the drivers, which can sometimes get a little buggy the longer they are running for…

1 Like

Thanks kiwifergus, I appreciate the help and will delve into this. Ugh!

And apologies for, as it turned out, a non-iNat issue.
Leah

2 Likes

@leah - sorry you’re experiencing this! I hope you can get it figured out. I’ll close this bug report.

2 Likes