"You've been sharing a lot of love" message doesn't make sense

Here is what it says:

Wow! You’ve been sharing a lot of love! You’ve reached the maximum daily likes for today, but as you gain trust levels, you’ll earn more daily likes. You’ll be able to like posts again in 1 minute.

Here is a copy of what doesn’t make since:
You’ve been sharing a lot of love! You’ve reached the maximum daily likes for today, but as you gain trust levels, you’ll earn more daily likes. You’ll be able to like posts again in 1 minute.

How did I reach the max for today but am able to like posts again in 1 minute. Maybe change that.

5 Likes

I don’t think iNat is able to do that. The Forum is hosted on Google, so I believe it would be up to them to make changes.

The Google Group was. That was locked a long time ago. The forum is hosted by Discourse.

5 Likes

OK, thanks for that information. Then I can be of no help!

1 Like

That’s okay! I would like your comment but now I’m getting “Wow! You’ve been sharing a lot of love! You’ve reached the maximum daily likes for today, but as you gain trust levels, you’ll earn more daily likes. You’ll be able to like posts again in 8 hours.” Come on!

6 Likes

It means that you’ve liked up to the limit of posts in one day that you can. It’s that simple. Also, this isn’t anything staff can fix, this happens on all Discourse forums.

1 Like

I know that much but thanks! Sorry for my lack of knowledge on Discourse. The only fourm I use is iNat forum. Is there a way to earn more? I’m at trust level 3(regular). Trust level 4(leader) is not really being used(the only person there is the system https://forum.inaturalist.org/badges/4/leader). Do I just wait or is there something I can do?

1 Like

If it says you can like more in 8 hours, you wait 8 hours.

1 Like

You might be able to remove likes from posts and use them on other posts, I haven’t tested that.

1 Like

I think it’s possible for us to change the like limit, but it’s there for a reason – to prevent sock puppet accounts and bots from absuing the likes system.

3 Likes

Makes sense!

1 Like

That happened the first time I came onto the forums. I had to wait 22 hours because I had too many replies/posts. I could still reply to dms but I could only do it once so I had to wait the hours out

1 Like

I’ve been on since January 29. I don’t think I’m “new” anymore. I’ll just wait 7 hours. It’s fine :)

Haha yeah. Ive had mine since feb 4th but I only started using it like 1 week ago

1 Like

yes you got the point fair enough

And yet the original quesion wasn’t really answered. If it is a daily limit, how can the person “be able to like posts again in 1 minute”?

2 Likes

I think it was addressed in this:

1 Like

It looks like Discourse may have changed the way this works in Aug 2021 after the main action on this post, so it may not be a continuing issue.

Feel free to read https://meta.discourse.org/t/users-are-confused-about-daily-like-limits/149489 if you’re interested.

3 Likes

I agree, the question of how a daily limit was reached, but likes can resume in one minute wasn’t answered. My guess: As the system functioned at that point, it calculated how many likes the user had given in the last 24 hours. Under those circumstances, 23 hours and 59 minutes after the first like that contributed to the total was given, the user would have a one minute wait before being able to give another like.

That wording shows that the Discourse design team hasn’t a lot of experience in long-term marital relationships.

3 Likes