Mobile app keeps crashing when trying to add species to observation

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.28.10 (563)

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): I can upload a observation just fine but when I try to load up what kind of species, or as close as a guess as I or the AI can give me, the app completely crashes. It’s gotten to the point where my phone keeps asking me to put the app into deep sleep so it stops crashing.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

1 Like

What taxon are you choosing? There’s a bug in the current release that causes a crash for widespread taxa. A potential fix is in the latest beta release.

It’s whenever I try to do a widespread one yeah, like when I was uploading a bee. I didn’t know what species it exactly was so I was trying to just put “bees” and it kept crashing on me, but adding a skipper butterfly did work fine since I guess it was a exact species?