New iOS release date update?

I’ve been patiently waiting since October for news about the iOS update, and was optimistic it would be coming out this month based on the original post: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/inaturalist-mobile-app-development-news/27157

But I haven’t heard anything! Any news on when this is expected to happen? Looking forward to it very much.

4 Likes

Been waiting for an IOs app update for a long time now.

3 Likes

I gather iNat won’t be doing much mobile app development except on the cross platform version think they will make some day. AFAIK, there is no projected release date.

1 Like

The recent announcement that they’re looking to hire app developers is a good sign in the long run, but doesn’t bode well for any major update in the near future - which I’d really been hoping for as well…

4 Likes

I saw some new translations for SEEK, so I guess the only update for iOS app will be some legal texts for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You have to wait for the new cross platform version.

2 Likes

I can’t really give any other estimated date for the release of the revamped app, which is what I assume the OP is referring to. The original post says “and we don’t anticipate releasing the new app publicly until after the 2022 City Nature Challenge” which can be interepreted in a few different ways, I’m sorry about that. Basically it wasn’t going to happen before the CNC and will be released at some point after it.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I chose the optimistic interpretation instead of the open ended one. Thanks for the response!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.