Notifications on iNaturalist - Please Share Your Ideas!

I would like a more spreadsheet orientation without photos but with a lot of fields and statussen and certainly no avatars which are rather useless in my opion. The only photo that matters a bit is the observation photo, and only one observation photo is shown. I will give an (bad) example because this example does NOT show time, Does not show the previous and proposed ID or Part of the comments. In these cases I also should like the Computer Vision proposed name, as CV works in Europe rather well. If the record gives enough information it might show an agree button too…so i do not need to open the whole observation detail page.

i’d also like to be able to take certain actions on the observations from the dashboard like ways to agree, ID, comment.

Currently there are small photos as they are now
(like List view in Explore), some want with larger photos by default (like Grid view in Explore) but i prefere not photos as it will work much faster and more compact and dense and much more fit on my screen.

The information in the notifications are toooo few…too little and most of it is not relevant at all for me, it would be very hulpfull if the record, row gives me ALL the information i need so i do not need to click for additional information which consumes a lot of time…except for making a change

It would be nice if part of the comment was shown so i do not need to open the observation, which is time consuming.

Several people want Sorting…but i think I prefer filtering on for example “Agreements”, “conflict”, “Maverick”, and “Comments” and the text might be bold or red and bold if notifications where the ID either differs from mine, differs from the community ID

the dashboard, have a way to sort notifications by type, eg my observations, comments, confirming IDs, mentions, journal posts, etc.

Reading this topic i thought a spreadsheet like orientation without avatars and with a bit more description fields might speed up scrolling through my notifications https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/high-cpu-usage-on-desktop-website/5466/29

2 Likes