Search for observations with comments

I am sorry if this feature exists already: I did look around for it, and I tried searching the forums also.

I often submit observations in batches - whenever I upload and process images from my camera, for instance, or old observations from my harddisk whenever I find a bit of free time. So after one of these uploads, my dashboard tends to get very crowded.

Now, sometimes I have an observation where I request ID help by tagging one of the top-IDers of the taxon, or maybe I make a comment on someone else’s observation, which I help ID myself. This starts a conversation of sorts, and then if I want to check if there are replies to my comment, I need to search through several pages of dashboard news.

Is there a way to check directly for new comments? Like a filtered search? If not, then I think this would be a very useful feature to request. I know I am still a bit of a newbie, so there is a good chance I just did not discover the feature yet - if so, sorry to post the request.

0 Likes

Include "identification comments" in total # of comments, comment search, etc

Currently no way to do this that I know of, even with undocumented URL parameters. Would definitely be nice to do.

It may be a good thing to consider incorporating into the revamped notifications system being worked on, if it’s not on the list already. See https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/notifications-on-inaturalist-please-share-your-ideas/374

1 Like