This seems to be a pretty minor bug, and I’m guessing others have reported it before, but I figured I’d report it anyway.
Bug: some observations don’t seem to be updating to the community taxon, and are RG even though they definitely shouldn’t be. Others should indeed be RG, but the observation taxon should be different. When I searched for all RG observations with the rank of family or above, I got 66 observations. Some of them are
Browser: Firefox, chrome
Original search I made: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?lrank=family&place_id=any&quality_grade=research&verifiable=any
Example observation in which the community taxon is correct (Geophis dubius), but the observation name is wrong (Suborder Serpentes). I’ll note that the map shows observations of the suborder, not the species. URL: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/106359968
Here’s an example of an observation which has an incorrect community taxon (Prunus spinosa), as only 2 of the 3 IDs are for this taxon, but which has a correct observation taxon (Class Magnoliopsida), and yet is somehow RG:
PS: It’s quite easy to fix these observations by just adding an ID and then deleting it, but again I figured that this kind of weird thing should be reported.
PPS: it shouldn’t matter either way, but none of the observations I clicked had any altered DQA sections.