One day out of Inat

everyday i get a look at Inat, even if it’s just for notifications so it doesnt get overwhelmed

2 Likes

putting that as “solution” cuz this definetely is a gamechanger lol

1 Like

No. I am scrolling down my dashboard. The list at the icon is short and doesn’t cover my 100 or so.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 9.31.38 PM
This is what I come back to!

1 Like

You get them presented in sets of 200 per pulldown.

1 Like

That explains why I have to open a second page to view them all. Thank you!

I am zoomed in - about 40 per page …

Just FYI for future posts you can respond to multiple people in one post instead of making one for each. This helps to keep threads easier to read/manage.

1 Like

Thank you very much! It can really make my life easier :).

1 Like

thank you, i didn’t know that

1 Like

Ok @gerrit_oehm took up the invitation to add an agreeing ID with a comment to an observation, and it actually did generate a notification (which I think is good!). This means that turning notifications for agreeing IDs off will not prevent you from getting notifications for comments.
Activity on the observation:

Agreeing ID with comment and comment with tag
Generates three notifications:
1 for id (this is the one with the comment)
2 for comment with mention (as expected)

For those wishing to see the observation sequence it’s here: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/181102062#activity_comment_c4577119-c93c-4d4b-b196-13fde0be8ebb

4 Likes

One question… when I turn of those agreeing notifications, will it still appear on my dashboard or is it removed from there as well?

Because one does not get informed for comments going with the identification if one is not also tagged (only, if the comment is a separate entry to the ID)… I do try to find these by scrolling through my dashboard

If you turn off agreeing notifications, plain ol’ agreeing identifications don’t generate notifications or show up in the dashboard.

The comment in the agreeing ID on my observation did not show up on my dashboard, but did generate a notification (this seems a little counterintuitive to me, not sure why it happened that way).

4 Likes

Within any observation if you click on the layered sheets icon in the upper right of the map, it shows what layers are active or inactive. If an observation is listed as, say Sauria, in a place like Los Angeles or Sao Paolo it is impossible to see the map, just the orange. And in crowded cities with popular species clusters, say Sceloporinae, it’s every observation having to unclick the default layers just to see the map.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.