Other user's comment appears in "My Comments"

Platform: Website

Browser: all browsers

URLs: https://www.inaturalist.org/comments?mine=true

Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Description of problem:

Visiting the URL above for “My Comments” typically produces a single result that does not match the “mine=true” flag, at the very bottom of the first page. There are no additional steps required; no comparable entry appears on any subsequent page (e.g. with “&page=2” appended to the URL, or by clicking through the numbered pages at the bottom). I cannot precisely reproduce the bug right now as I actually left an identification on the observation shown in the screenshot above, and it now appears at the top of my view of the My Comments page, albeit without an actual standalone comment from me (all other entries are of comments not accompanying an identification).
I don’t see this as a major problem, but am wondering why it occurs, and whether it might be the result of truncation of an observation ID number.

1 Like

I can confirm the issue, with slightly different results. (Website, browser: Firefox 125.0.1).
In my case, I see extraneous comments (nothing related to my comments) at the bottom of apparently all pages (spotchecked pp 1, 2, 3, 9, 47). Here, the first several pages were all “Atlas” comments from the same user, while the last page (47) had two extraneous comments - one from an Atlas by a different user, and one from an Assessment Section - I have never commented on an Atlas nor Assessment Section.
Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 47:

This is quite strange, but maybe strangeness will help in tracking down the bug. Perhaps an out-of-bounds array index?
And yes, these same extraneous comments show up if I close and reopen the page, at least within a short period of time.

1 Like

I just checked again (after about 24 hr) and stil get exactly the same set of extraneous comments on my pages. I have not added any comments of my own in that time.

really odd that you see them on all of your pages!
I have myself added more comments of my own in the intervening time, and now get something between my original result and yours: two extraneous comments on page 2 instead. My screen resolution isn’t high enough to show all the comments of mine above these, but I’ve put in a screenshot of the two threads that lack my comments as I see them on the page: