Place included in project but not populating project

https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/eli-whitney-museum-east-rock-park

We have just started a project and it is made up of two places so far. One (East Rock Park) populates the collection project as expected but I just added a new place (Eli Whitney Museum) with a KML file submitted by another user. This place was added successfully and shows observations on the places screen, but shows zero observations on the project. Not sure what is going wrong here as I have many observations here that are fully within the polygon, and there are no restrictions for users or taxa on the place. I added it the same way I added the other place.

I probably did something stupid at some point but what?

I’m not totally sure what you mean by “shows zero observations on the project”, but I’m seeing observations in both places on the project page and the explore page.

You probably have a cached version of the map, it should catch up eventually.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen this behavior too and it resolves after a little while. This happens (I think) because the system needs time to run the logic to determine the observations that fall within the new location and project.

Yes, now it shows up. I guess ignore this because it appears to work now!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.