Prevent curators from resolving flags on their own content

I’m not going to highlight specific cases as it is not about calling out specific individuals, but right now curators can and do resolve flags on their own content which seems like it should not be permitted .

Are you including taxa in your request?

2 Likes

Yes I guess that needs to be an exception. More thinking about comments etc.

6 Likes

I wasn’t aware this wasn’t already a thing. I agree.

3 Likes

I think that a curator should be allowed to resolve any flag they created, whether on their content or not. But not flags other people made, which are on the curator’s content. Would that cover @bouteloua’s concerns?

6 Likes

Yes, and maybe any user should have that ability, in case they flag something in error, or otherwise change their mind.

2 Likes

Curators and non-curators can already delete their own flags.

I mean that I should be able to resolve flags on taxa that I created:
https://www.inaturalist.org/flags?utf8=✓&flagger_type=any&flagger_name=&flagger_user_id=&user_name=bouteloua&user_id=8882&flaggable_type=Taxon&taxon_name=&taxon_id=&flags[]=inappropriate&flags[]=other&reason_query=&resolved=any&resolver_name=&resolver_user_id=&commit=Filter&utf8=✓&flagger_user_id=&commit=Filter

4 Likes

Yep, makes sense. And thanks, I had forgotten that flags could be deleted by their creators. Even after others have added comments?

Yep a user can delete their own flag even if there are comments by them or others on the flag.

1 Like

https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/2589

3 Likes

I looked at how long it was until the last reply. I found out 12 months. Is this going to happend?

And I think what @astra_the_dragon said was a good idea.

It’s not clear to me whether this change was fully implemented, I’m not super familiar with github I’m afraid.

However, a recent change was made where any user can delete a flag they made if no actions or comments have yet been made. Discussion here: Delete/withdraw flags that you created

1 Like

This has been implemented.

3 Likes