Project not including observations from members, no project banners, leaderboard incorrect

When I saw the Hidden Springs Preserve, Williamson, co. I wondered why it did not mention Burnet, co but the property border is drawn correctly so I did not worry about it.

Do you think I should leave the trust toggled on? Sorry for my confusion at understanding it’s function.

Yes, leave it on, but there’s a confusion on how many observations should be in the project, if you’re sure that all 2000+ you mentioned are within the iNat place borders and everybody has correct coordinates/accuracy and all are made this year, then it’s someone who didn’t allow their coordinates to be seen, otherwise the problem is in something I mentioned before. As so many obscured observations are involved and stats are hidden for us it’s really hard to say where is the problem.

2 Likes

The observations go back to April 2021. I feel confidant that they are in the borders.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t understand why the project just has a start month and day, but no end date and no year. Just wondering if that could be where the problem is . . . .

This project starts in 2020, but iNat also stopped showing the year. https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/it-s-okay-to-be-smart-global-survey?tab=about It is working fine.

1 Like

It’s not necessary to have both a start and end date/time for a date/time range. You can leave it open on either end (eg if you only want to include observations made before or after X date).

1 Like

Is there a way to trust the project with my own observations even though I created the project? The older observations, around 600, are not there.

Yes, open the main project page, right under description of it will be a “gear” button, click on it.

1 Like