Removing votes/prioritizing feature requests

While the number of votes you have are limited, it’s possible to remove an existing vote to free one up.

• Go to your profile page (e.g. click your icon in the top right corner, then click your username.) Mine is https://forum.inaturalist.org/u/bouteloua/
  • Under Activity choose Votes
  • Select a lower priority feature request that you’d like to remove your vote from
  • Click/Tap Voted and then Remove vote
  • Head back to the other feature request that you want to vote for, then vote!
7 Likes

I just added my first vote and tried to remove it but I don’t get any “Remove vote” button upon clicking on “Voted”. Why could this be?

Same for me now. Looks like it’s a known issue with this plugin.

1 Like

Coupled with this, how do I tell how many votes I have available?

I’ve never been able to find any information about how to tell this and nothing anywhere I’ve looked lets me know how many I’ve used and how many I have left.

1 Like

You can click on your profile photo, then Preferences, Activity, Votes. You will get a list of what you voted on, which you can count. (I don’t know of a number anywhere for remaining votes.) And per this post https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/questions-about-voting/165/20 everyone at Trust Level 1 and above is supposed to have 100 votes.

1 Like

I can see the things I voted on, that’s easy, but there isn’t a portion that states how many votes are remaining.

I figured out how to get to it in a really round-about way… go to a feature request and hover over the vote button and a pop-up window comes up letting you know how many votes you have left.

Problem is that there does not appear to be any place actually on your profile info that lets you know how many votes are left, so if you haven’t figured out that round-about method you can’t tell how many you have remaining.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, and more convenient than counting the voted topics in the list and subtracting the total from 100.

1 Like