Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/export
Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):
Fill in these fields to search for:
Taxon: Horsetails (Genus Equisetum)
The Preview section shows a couple matches for this taxon:
Giant Horsetail - Equisetum telmateia ssp. braunii
In the “Choose columns” section, click “None” for “Basic” and “Geo”. That leaves checkmarks only next to the various “Taxon” options.
At the bottom, click “Create export”.
Download and view the resulting CSV.
The scientific_name column shows “Equisetum telmateia subs” instead of the value I used to get: “Equisetum telmateia braunii”.
If I change the search taxon to “California Hazelnut”, the scientific name exports as “Corylus cornuta va” instead of “Corylus cornuta californica” (which is a subspecies, not a variant).
If I change the search taxon to “Clovers” and restrict the search to “Exact Rank: Genus”, the scientific name exports as “Trifolium sec” instead of just “Trifolium”.
There may be other similar errors. I haven’t gone through a full export in detail.