Search mole alert happens when I click on the observation link

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices:

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): I tried to identify a flower, through the ‘identify’ tab, and when I saved the ID, it said it “failed to save record.” I tried to comment too, and it said the same thing, so I tried to go to the real observation by clicking on the unknown on top of the picture, and it gave me the Search Mole alert. I tried to replicate it with a different observation but it only does it with that certain observation. I don’t know if I can give steps to replicate it, sorry.

The user deleted the observation in between when you loaded the identify page and when you tried to add an ID. You can see they now have 0 observations:


Thank you! I was wondering what happened!