Seek not working correctly

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings): latest

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: whenever tapping on ‘nearby taxon’ the app always shows 'non nearby, regardless of the taxon.

Step 2: app has been deleted and re installed numerous times.

Step 3:

1 Like

Does this happen no matter what type of organism?
Where are you based?
Do you have location on, and have you given Seek permission to access your location?

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Seek not working correctly:

Hi.
This is still happening. It doesn’t matter which taxon is selected I always get the same error message. This is becoming very annoying now.

Chris

Maybe you missed these questions?

1 Like

This should be fixed in 2.8.2.

2 Likes

Yup, location is on. Full permissions. Happens regardless of observation. I realised there was a problem when seek couldn’t id further than telling me the observation was a butterfly or moth. But clicking on ‘nearby taxon’ came back with ‘no similar taxon’ message. :joy::joy: Yeah ok