Slow website loading

the Network thing that I’m talking about is in the browser, in the same place where you found the Console earlier. when you notice a problem, open up Developer Tools and go to the Network monitor. (you’ll have to refresh your web page at this point, since the Network monitor doesn’t start recording stuff until after you open it first.)

if you see any items with a status of (pending), that means that the web page is still trying to complete some sort of action. for example, in the screenshot below, there’s an API request that’s taking a long time to complete:

if something eventually fails, the Network monitor will tell you exactly which request failed, and how long it ran before failing:

you can then also match it up with the Console messages:

so looking at the last 2 screenshots above, i see error messages here similar to some of the error messages you recorded earlier in your Console screenshot. in the case of my errors, there was a problem on the iNaturalist servers that was leading to slow/failed response for some requests.

let’s see if your screenshots of your Network monitor reveal something similar or something different…

1 Like