I’ve gotten a bit of a strange bug a few times this past week. It’s completely inconsequential but I thought I’d bring it up here just to see if anyone knew the reasoning. Sometimes when I open up a sighting, some of the letters in words just do not show up, usually the letter ‘s’:
The letters are still there, and they show up when highlighted, but they simply refuse to display on the sighting. If the sighting is reloaded, they appear as normal, and I cannot work out what causes them to load incorrectly in the first place. It has occurred for me 3-4 times now in the past week, and only on iNaturalist. Usually it is just a few letters but one of the times an entire sentence was missing.
Anyway, inconsequential but very weird. Anyone else seen this happen?
That’s really weird, can you link that observation? I’ve never seen that happen, have you tried using a different browser for a while?
when i’ve seen this kind of thing in the past, it’s usually related to the setup / capabilities of your machine. can you replicate the problem on a second machine?
This happened to me because I have an old computer. But it didn’t just happen on iNat, it happened on all other websites I opened. So if that’s the case the iNat admins can’t do anything to fix this issue.
i have only seen this glitch once. idk what causes it, its harmless for the most part.
Thanks all for the replies. This was the sighting in question this time, but I am unable to replicate it. It happens so infrequently that I don’t think opening things in a different browser will show me much unfortunately. I don’t think it’s my computer though, it’s pretty new (it’s about a year old) and this has so far only happened on iNat. It’s harmless and inconsequential so it doesn’t really matter too much, but yeah I just thought it was weird!
FWIW I don’t believe I’ve seen this issue or heard any other reports of it.
I’m going to close. If anyone sees this consisently happening, please let us know.